March 8, 1925


Betty,

The mosque trip was spectacularly eye opening. Architecturally, the Ibn Tulun was even more stunning than yesterday's specimen, however this has been a visit more about the information and discussion had than the building.

The Mosque had been broken into, a fact we had heard in passing. Upon our arrival, we were guided about and talked to until Doctor Webber brow beated him into further disclosure. He took us to a basement where something had managed to dig into the mosque and steal their prized possession- a girdle that the priests have been protecting for centuries. There were chunks of what I must assume was a rhino, or elephant or other large beast that had been sliced up during the attack. Really, quite revolting and I found Doctor Webber's poking and prodding was nauseating as it was.

Our discussions then turned unusual. I admit, Doctor Webber and the priest had already begun to speak as if they believed all the insane theories that have been postulated of late. However, then the priest spoke of the sword.

The Sword of Barzai. I am almost certain the priest was talking of the Sword of Barzai, and even looking at it, I believe it may be one and the same. The name has been bastardized through several languages, but I believe it may be the same one. It should have "magical" properties when wielded against unnatural beings, and I will admit that while I cannot claim to believe it, I did ask the question. The confirmation of the priest, and Doctor Webber's remarks on the unusually clean and sharp cuts on the flesh, it all somehow adds up.

I can't think that this is correct. I can't. After what I just went through, this is unbelievable. Have I lost Searle all over again only to now lose my mind in a different way? 

Please pray for me.

Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment